Friday, August 12, 2011

Reposted pics of the quilled flowers project I posted a few days ago





I am going to post a couple of things that I did a few nights ago.  I hand painted a vase on a oval piece of wood that I painted and white washed, then I added quilled roses and leaves that I made to make the bouquet. I then made the little treasure box, that I crackle painted and added a quilled flower on the top. On the inside I added some scrapbook paper. I love quilling and painting. Like I said it relaxes me and takes my mind off other things going on.  Oh plus my wonderful Mom was over cutting out pieces for a quilt she is making so I had good company.  Today I am spending the day at my Mom's with my Sister, Daughter and Grandson. I love having a Grandson, feels so good to hug and kiss that little guy!!!!!

4 comments:

  1. I think it looks so neat to combine the painting and quilling together. I will have to come over and try to get creative to.

    Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am looking forward to you coming over tomorrow, it will be fun

    ReplyDelete
  3. These roses are amazing....how did you do them....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are sooo easy to make. You just draw a spiral circle then cute it out with scalloped scissors and role them up. I wish I could make a you tube video to show you but I dont know how to do videos yet

      Delete